Sunday 10 July 2016

Happy 9th Birthday to us

Hello,

We have been so busy lately, we forgot our 9th Birthday

Back on the 10th June 2007 we took the plunge and decided to go self employed and start looking after people's pets.

Our core business service is dog walking and pet care within your own home while you are away. Other services came and went. We tried having dogs stay here but quickly found "house trained" dogs were not at all house trained. So that was quickly scrapped.

We pride ourselves on being dedicated on lead/leash walkers. I have turned away customers who insisted on off lead walks.

One old lady rang me 2 years later forgetting she rang me previously. (Since learned she burnt her way through nearly every dog walker in the area at the time), telling me her previous dog walker was out  walking off lead, and it was involved in a car crash. Her dog walker stopped trading instantly with guilt over its death.

Its comments like this, that make me stick to my guns.

We will ALWAYS only ever do on lead walks.

We thought about homemade dog and cat food. Recipes and nutrition were painstakingly researched, trial batches were cooked. My pets loved it. I even had some customers test them for me with their pets. Most enjoyed them. Not going to lie, some wouldn't touch it.
But the logistics for us to cook so much to make a healthy profit, find premises, getting health and safety certificates. Etc etc.

While we had a good product, we didn't have the capital safety net, to go ahead. Booooo.

Since then, my research has led me to decide raw food is better for my pets, so won't be restarting the cooked food idea back up.

Update

Some reason post reverted to a draft and therefore lost alot of work. Sorry, not retyping all that again, even if I could remember it.

1 comment: